Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of topical pain creams?
Topical pain creams are a convenient way to deliver pain relief through direct application of the medication to the site of action. With a
topical application, this allows for a higher concentration of the medication to be absorbed, thus quicker pain relief is achieved. In
addition, the first pass metabolism is avoided and side effects are minimized as a result of this.
Other benefits of Synergy’s topical creams include:
- Non-narcotic & non-abusive medication
- Decreased tolerance to, and the need for, opioid analgesics
- Minimized drug interaction risks
- Quicker onset of action versus oral medications
- Low risk of drug interactions
- Localization application to pain site
- Alternate dosage forms available
What type of patients can benefit from topical pain medications?
Specially blended topical creams have been successfully utilized to block pain receptors in the following conditions:
- Musculoskeletal/Myofascial Pain & Inflammation
- General Neuropathy
- Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Chemotherapy Inducted Peripheral Neuropathy
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Herniated Disks
Are there any side effects associated with topical pain relievers?
In a small portion of patients, they may experience a minor side effect of redness or a skin rash. If a skin rash develops, it is most often the result of improper application or an allergy.
Will the patient’s insurance pay for topical medications?
Yes, many insurance providers pay for the topical medications. The patient is generally responsible for a small co-pay.
How do I prescribe the medication?
A prescription can be sent to Synergy Health Services in three convenient ways:
- Fax a prescription to 888-688-1659
- Phone in a prescription at 888.918.5024
- Email the prescription to email@example.com
Should you have patients who are not experiencing desired results from the proprietary treatments and need a more customized
approach, please call us and we will assist you in choosing the right pain cream for your patient.
How does the prescription filling process work?
- The pharmacy will receive the prescription.
- Our customer service representative will contact the patient and then call corresponding insurance provider to verify coverage. Once insurance coverage is approved, the patient is called again to provide consent for the topicals to be filled.
- We mail prescriptions via UPS to all 50 states. Expect arrival at patients address within *24-48 hours (*note: this depends when the prescription orders are received).