Practitioner Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I suggest topical pain medications to my patients?
When traditional oral prescriptions are not working for your patients, topical pain prescriptions offer a more individualized approach. By making the medication specific to the patient, the patient can become more receptive to the therapy and receive the therapeutic result
Speciality topical medications also allow you to continue to use formulations that are not available on the mass market, thus expanding
the choices available to the patient. Prescribing these medications for your patients also lets the patient know that you are treating them as an individual and are not fitting them into a “one size fits all” therapy. This can help strengthen your relationship with your patient.
How are you different than a “regular” pharmacy?
Unlike regular pharmacies that dispense medications that have been mass produced, each medication that we dispense is prepared at our pharmacy. At Synergy, we use state-of-the-art equipment and perform extensive research on ingredients and drug therapies to ensure
that the best medication is provided to your patient. We specialize in solving medication problems so that your patients can receive a
successful therapeutic outcome from the medications.
How do I prescribe the medication?
A prescription can be sent to Synergy Health Services in three convenient ways:
- Fax a prescription to 888-688-1659
- Phone in a prescription at 888.918.5024
- Email the prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
How does the prescription filling process work?
- The pharmacy receives the prescription and reviews the order.
- Our Customer Service Representative will contact the patient and the insurance company to verify information and coverage. The patient will be called a second time to provide consent for the prescriptions to be filled.
- After going through standard control checkpoints, the medicine receives a final check. We mail prescriptions to the patients via UPS to all 50 states. Expect arrival at patients address within 24-48 hours after shipping.
Please include a legibly printed name and telephone number for both the prescriber and the patient.
We are here to help you. Do not hesitate to call us to discuss a patient and their prescription needs.